Synchronize a SharePoint workspace with a SharePoint site
- In your browser, navigate to the SharePoint site you want to synchronize.
- Click the Site Actions menu, and then click Sync to SharePoint Workspace.
- To selectively control which libraries and lists are downloaded:
- Click Configure.
- For each list or library, select it, and then in the Download box, select Headers Only (libraries only) or No Content. You can download the full content later on if you need to.
The first time you synchronize an entire site, it may take a few minutes to download all the files on your computer, but this occurs behind the scenes, so you can continue to work on other tasks.
NOTE If the site contains subsites, these are not downloaded, but you could download those separately if you need to.
Synchronize a SharePoint workspace with a specific library or list
You can select a specific library or list, if that's all you need to work with from a site. You might want to be selective about what you download to save space on your personal computer or because you do not have permission to synchronize the rest of the site.
- In your browser, navigate to the SharePoint site containing the list or library you want to synchronize.
- Click the name of the list or library on the Quick Launch, or click Site Actions, click View All Site Content, and then in the appropriate list or library section, click the name of the list or library.
NOTE A SharePoint site can be significantly modified in appearance and navigation. If you cannot locate an option, such as a command, button, or link, contact your administrator.
- In the ribbon, on the List or Library tab, in the Connect & Export group, click Sync to SharePoint Workspace.