Create a list
- Click Site Actions, and then click More Options.
- On the left, click List, and then choose the kind of list you want to create.
- Click More Options.
- Type the name for the list. A name is required.
The name appears at the top of the list in most views, becomes part of the web address for the list page, and appears in site navigation to help users find the list. You can change the name of a list, but the web address remains the same.
- Type the description for the list. A description is optional.
The description appears under the name in most views. Some kinds of lists can receive content by e-mail. If you plan to enable the list to receive content by e-mail, you can add the e-mail address of the list to its description, so that people can easily find the e-mail address. You can change the description for a list.
- To add a link to the Quick Launch, verify that Yes is selected in the Navigation section.
- Click Create.
Delete a list or calendar
- Go to the list that you want to delete.
- At the top, click either the Calendar tab or List tab.
- Click List Settings.
- Click Delete this list, and then click OK.