To disable or enable Metadata Publishing, follow these steps:
- Go to the list or library for which you want to configure Metadata Publishing.
- On the List or Library tab of the ribbon, click List Settings or Library Settings.
- Under Permissions and Management, click Enterprise Metadata and Keywords Settings.
- In the Metadata Publishing section, under Save metadata on this list as social tags do one of the following:
- To publish values in Managed Metadata and enterprise keywords fields to social tagging and My Site profiles, select the check box.
- To prevent values in Managed Metadata and enterprise keywords fields from being exposed to social tagging and My Site profiles, clear the check box.
- Click OK.
You can control whether the terms or keywords that are added to the Managed Metadata or enterprise keywords columns in a list or library become available as keywords for social tagging. For example, if your list contains sensitive information, you might not want the keyword values to be visible. To restrict access to keywords, you might want to disable Metadata Publishing.
NOTE By default, terms from a local term set that was created in the context of a specific site collection are excluded from Metadata Publishing. Local term sets are not available for use in social tagging or as Enterprise Keywords.