Datasheet View in SharePoint 2010 will not work when one of the below is true
- You are using 64bit Office (Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 are only x32 supported)
- You are using 64bit Internet Explorer
- A datasheet component compatible with SharePoint 2010 is not installed.
- Your browser does not support ActiveX controls.
- Certain libraries and lists do not support Datasheet view, such as a slide library, and therefore the Datasheet view command is dimmed.
As an alternative you can use Inline Editing
- On the List tab, click Modify View.
- On the Modify View page, scroll down and find the Inline Editing section.
- Click the plus sign next to Inline Editing.
- Select the Allow Inline Editing check box.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click OK.