Sunday, September 2, 2012

SharePoint pages

 

  • Can I edit this page?
  • What kind of page is this?
  • How do I start editing a page?
  • How do I format content on a wiki page?
  • How do I insert items on a wiki page?
  • What tools can I use to format content on a wiki page?
  • What items can I insert on a wiki page?
 
Can I edit this page?

Check the Site Actions menu for the Edit Page option. If the page has an Edit Page option, it is an editable page. Wiki pages and Web Part pages are editable pages on SharePoint 2010 team sites.

For example, Web Part pages have an Edit Page option.

Edit Page command to modify web parts page

Wiki pages have both an Edit Page option and an Edit button above the ribbon (just left of the Browse tab).

Edit Page command

If you don’t see an Edit Page option, it is not an editable page. System pages, such as All Site Content or Site Settings, don’t have an Edit Page option on the Site Actions menu.

What kind of page is this?

Wiki pages have an Edit button Edit button in wiki above the ribbon.

Edit button above ribbon

Web Part pages don’t have an Edit button.

No Edit button

How do I start editing a page?

On a wiki page, click Edit.

Edit button in wiki

On a Web Part page, on the Site Actions menu, click Edit Page.

Edit Page command to modify web parts page

How do I format content on a wiki page?
  1. To start editing the page, click Edit.
  2. On the Edit ribbon, click Format.
    Format Text tab selected
How do I insert items on a wiki page?
  1. To start editing the page, click Edit.
  2. On the Editing ribbon, click Insert.
    Insert tab selected
What tools can I use to format content on a wiki page?

The Format tab provides tools to work with the following:

  • Edit
  • Clipboard
  • Font
  • Paragraph
  • Styles
  • Layout
  • Markup

Format Text tab on ribbon

What items can I insert on a wiki page?

The Insert tab provides tools to insert and work with the following:

  • Tables
  • Media
  • Links
  • Web Parts

Editing Tools tab with Format Text selected

 

No comments:

Post a Comment