When creating a new service application for Powerpivot an errormessage showed up;
Error: An object of the type Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPIisWebServiceApplicationPool named “PowerPivot Services AppPool” already exists under the parent
Within IIS no such Application pool existed, what to do?
There were 5 powerpivot App pools created because of my 5 attempts to create the Service application
You can delete the application pool using PowerShell!
- Open the SharePoint 2010 Management Shell with administrator privileges
- Start ->All Programs -> Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products -> Right click on SharePoint 2010 Management Shell ->Run as administrator
- Run ‘Get-SPServiceApplicationPool’
- Run ‘Get-SPServiceApplicationPool -Identity [Name of the application pool]‘
- Run ‘Remove-SPServiceApplicationPool’
- Enter the Identity => this is the name of the application pool
- Enter ‘Y’ to delete the application pool
You can now recreate the service application using the same names you used before