· Install the SMTP Service (Add the SMTP Feature)
· Check within Control Panel – SMTP is configured in IIS6 !!
· Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools
· Change (evt) the SMTP Properties
· Configure Incoming E-Mail in Central Admin
(Choosing “Advanced” also gives an option to select a Drop Folder)
Decide what the name is going to be
After you have setup Incoming e-mail in Central Admin you have an additional option on for example your Document Library Settings
If you select the Advanced Option – and enter the Drop folder the Timer Service account needs to have the right permissions on this Drop folder
On the Exchange Server;
Open Exchange Management Console / Organization Configuration / Hub Transport.
Click on Send Connectors / Actions / New Send Connector.